What is a Lash Lift and why is everybody talking about it?
24th August 2018
WHAT IS A LASH LIFT AND WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
If you haven’t heard, Lash Lifts are the latest crave. They have grown in popularity over the last few years, and we think it’s a trend that will be long lasting. With a legion of celebrity fans, this low maintenance treatment can transform your eyes, so much so that Lash Lift treatments are considered a natural alternative to lash extensions.
Before the popularity of the Lash Lift grew, Lash Extensions were the go-to for longer, thinker lashes, but as they say, out with the old and in with the new.
For today’s blog post, we thought we would give you a little run down on all things Lash Lifts, from the benefits to a quick step by step process of how Nails & Brows Mayfair uses the “YUMI Lash Lift & Tint to create stunning lashes. The treatment is pain free, relaxing and takes about 60 minutes to complete.
How To Do A Lash Lift: Our Procedure
- Prior to the Lash Lift treatment, you must have an allergy test to ensure that you are not allergic to the products used. The allergy test must be done at least 48hrs before the treatment.
- Contact lenses must be removed prior to the treatment and we advise clients not to wear mascara to their appointment.
- Once the allergy test is out the way, it’s quite straightforward from then, you lie back, relax, and let our Lash Specialist work her magic.
- She will cleanse your lashes to ensure all eye makeup is removed and lash shields will be placed onto the eyelids. The lashes are then brushed up, onto the lash shields using a special lash brush and lash adhesive applied to secure them in place followed by a lifting solution.
- After 10-15 minutes, the lifting solution is wiped away, then a setting lotion is brushed onto the lashes to set the lifting effects achieved.
- The setting lotion is left on for a further 10-15 minutes, and after removing it a lash tint is carried out. The most popular colour used at our boutique is blue black.
- Heading into the final stage of the process, a nourishing oil is applied to ensure the lashes stay nourished, hydrated, and healthy. And that’s about it, a pretty simple process, with a beautiful outcome.
What Are The Benefits Of A Lash Lift?
Although the benefits of a Lash Lift can be endless, we’ve compiled a few of the best.
- A Lash Lift will make your lashes look longer with a nice lifting effect, making your eyes look amazing.
- The Lash Lift results will last the natural life cycle of your lashes.
- It doesn’t damage your lashes but infract, make them appear thicker, fuller, and longer.
- A Lash Lift treatment can work wonders on a range of lashes, including, long, short, or stubbly.
- With treatment time being only 60 minutes, this can be done during your lunch break.
- The best part is the longevity, the effects of the Lash Lift can last between 6-8 weeks.
Nails & Brows Mayfair offers the YUMI Lash Lift, which leaves ‘your natural lashes looking longer, darker and fuller.’ Simply walk into our Mayfair boutique between 10-8pm to request an allergy test at least 48hrs prior to the treatment. No appointment is necessary. To book the Lash Lift here’s our treatment menu and if we still haven’t convinced you as to why you totally need a lash lift, we do offer lash extension packages too.
Refinery29 reviewed our Lash Lift Treatment too, and you can read the full feature here.